Friday, January 15, 2010

I failed...

the OGTT that is...! I failed big time at my 1 hours OGTT (glucose test). And I was so surprise!

For those of you who doesn't know what OGTT is, it's basically a glucose test to determine whether or not you have gastational diabetes. The normal range of an hour test is b/w 60 - 130 ml/db. Mine was 153!!! That would be a big fat F in normal score!!!

Once you failed the 1 hour test, they usually put you through the 3 hours test. This test may varries from lab to lab, but in general you go in for 3 hours. You need to fast for 8-12 hours, though. The draw your blood first when you go in before you drink the glucola (it taste like a bad Gatorade). Then every hour after you drank the drink, they'll draw blood from you, 3 times more. So, in total you will have 4 blood drawing session! By the end of the day you won't have blood left and you can't feel your arms anymore!!!!

That's how I spend my Friday afternoon!!! Doesn't that sound like fun?!

Did you pass your OGTT test? Let us know your story!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, Im sorry you failed this. I was always lucky with that, but not with everything else.

    BTW you have beautiful products!

    ReplyDelete